The most asked question we hear is “how much does a website cost?” The truth about web design costs is that it varies a lot depending on what you want. You should speak with us about your particular needs to get more accurate website design costs numbers but here is some information you can use to budget with. You need to be familiar with all the costs that go into running a website.
Website Design Costs
Website design is the one-time cost to build your website. Website design costs can start as low as $500 but the average 6-12 page site design usually runs $1000 to $2000. Big or complex sites can run more because they take more hours to develop. Some advanced features and premium plugins can also add cost.
Many other web design firms use pre-built website templates and then charge higher website design costs than we do. Those that charge less usually want you to sign a term agreement. We don’t use templates. Who wants the same website that other companies are using? Every website that we build is unique and tailored to our clients needs and preferences and you don’t have to sign a term agreement.
Another benefit to our design work is that we include on-page SEO (search engine optimization). Most design firms charge extra for this work (a lot extra).
For a more precise website design costs estimate, WizardsWebs Design can provide you with a no-cost, no-obligation quote based on your specific project requirements. We do all development ourselves and don’t outsource anything to labor overseas. The person you speak with is the person doing your project and we know our business.
Other Web Design Costs
- Domain Name – You have to pay to register your domain name on an annual basis. The cost is $20 per year, depending on how many years you buy. If you have a domain name already we will need administrative access to the DNS record. If you don’t have one yet it is much easier if you let us register it for you. You will be registered as the owner. Yes, you can purchase domain names for less but there is always a catch.
- Hosting – You have to rent the business web server your website will reside on. WizardsWebs only designs for clients we host. Our business class hosting service includes a cpanel with email, FTP accounts and SQL database required for WordPress. For sites utilizing 1 GB disk space or less, hosting is only $15 month. We only design for clients we host so that we can assure top website performance.
- Other Costs & Website Maintenance – You should budget for keeping the website maintained. There are ongoing costs to consider including annual plugin licenses, SSL certificate, backup vault storage, image optimization, SEO work, and developer hours to make changes to the website and to update the plugins weekly. Successful businesses need websites with fresh content and up to date information. Our clients have us add pictures, add and remove products, change staff contact info, update holiday hours, add new blog posts, and the list goes on. We offer discounted maintenance plans to deal with all of these costs starting at $50 month or you can just pay for developer hours and licenses you use. We take care of these things if you subscribe to website maintenance:
- The cost of your SSL certificate and installation (for https) making your site secure.
- The costs of most licensed plugins such as Yoast Premium SEO, Yoast Local SEO, Updraft, Formcraft, etc.
- Daily backups to cloud storage and the storage cost ($10 extra for large sites)
- The costs of ongoing image optimization (TinyPNG)
- Site Audits
- Site plugin and theme updates twice a week and testing for conflicts.
- Resolve any mobility issues reported by Google Search Console.
- Resolve any errors reported by Google Search Console.
- Hours each month for whatever you need done (changes to website, feature of the month, adding testimonials, adding pictures, adding services, updating prices, adding blog posts, add an email mailbox, etc.)
- Search Engine Optimization – As part of our design fee we provide the on-page SEO and site speed optimization. Most design firms charge a lot extra for this work and most continue to charge hundreds of dollars monthly. WizardsWebs has services that help with keyword research. We help you identify the keywords you want to rank well for and work them into each page of the website design. Images are compressed and caching enabled. If you need Local SEO, citations and help with social media we can help with that too. We can prepare an SEO plan and quote that fits with your needs and requirements. Be aware that preferred search engine ranking takes time and requires ongoing effort to sustain.
In addition to competitive rates for web design and hosting, we offer discounted rates for ongoing website support and include benefits.
Most important, your new responsive design website will be unique, reflecting your quality business and display properly across all devices.
Search Engine Optimization
Of critical importance, new sites are designed to be compliant with Google Search guidelines and optimized for relevant search terms.
Social Media Integration
Furthermore we can integrate your website with all the popular social media.